hungarian notation is evil (was Re: Do I always have to write "self." ?)

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Thu May 4 05:35:16 EDT 2000

In article <8erd4a$ac1$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, jschmitt at vmlabs.com wrote:
>If your problems are solved by this kind of mindless busy work, you
>have much bigger problems that any amount of hungarian notation will
>ever fix.  I good primer on writing maintainable code is recommended.
>Try _Programming_with_Dick_and_Jane_.

This beautiful piece of artwork deserves no other comment from me.  I'll let
the rest of the readership decide what type of person you really are.

>Just so there's no question about attributions, I'm enclosing the whole
>message that I'm replying to.

I might add that that is an incredibly wasteful use of network bandwidth,
and is not looked highly upon in common Usenet practice.  Are you aware that
a large population of Internet users still pay by the minute over relatively
poor connections?

If you wanted to unambiguously identify a message to which you are replying
to, either quote specific chunks of text (the relavent parts), or specify a
message ID. The cognizant reader will know how to use a usenet news archival
site, such as Deja.com, to locate the article and read the original for
himself.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II