OT [Way OT]: Unicode Unification Objections

Mark Jackson mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com
Mon May 8 14:14:36 EDT 2000

Franc[approximately]ois_Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> Agreed that Japanese people are themselves on this.  Some are ready to
> accept Han unification together with Microsoft Windows, if they really
> have to be bundled together, they just don't care.  Others do.

Has their Justice Department determined whether said bundling is, in
fact, an anticompetitive attempt to stamp out other Han vendors?

> François Pinard   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard

You see that my newsreader handles the cedilla in your name just fine,
but somewhere along the way the one in the header gets munged into an
imbedded break into the ISO-8859-1 character set.

	In judging others, folks will work overtime for no pay.
				- Charles Carruthers