Configure --with-thread

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at quantisci.co.uk
Wed May 10 10:28:35 EDT 2000

Two quick questions:
1) In the README included with py152.tgz the description of configuring
thread support says the following:
	(Threads aren't enabled automatically
	because there are run-time penalties when support for them is
	compiled in even if you don't use them.)

so, firstly is this correct and up-to-date? (I ask because the
description of how to enable the module is slightly out of date)
and if so: what kind of run-time penalties are we talking about?

2) Does anyone know which (if any) current (and recent) Linux
distributions have thread support configured for Python by default?

Thanks,
	Paul.

Business Collaborator Team
Enviros Software Solutions