Java vs Python

faatdilac at my-deja.com faatdilac at my-deja.com
Thu May 25 12:31:06 EDT 2000

nospam.mrquiz at free.fr
> (Dave Simons) wrote:
>
> > I wasn't taking too much notice at the time, so can anyone tell
> > me how much marketing went into C to make it the biggest-selling
> > language the world has ever known?
>
> Not much "marketing" as we know it.  However, giving Unix and C to
> universities infiltrated C into the thinking of a generation of CS
grads
> (and not-quite-grads).  I was out of that environment long before
then,
> so I wasn't infected...C looked pretty useless for a long time (and I
> still don't much like it).
>
>   --John (who about 5 years ago had to stop saying he had been around
> computers twice as long as C had)
>
> --
> John W. Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA  jwbnews at scandaroon.com

Oh yeah, and which language do you think the trio Larry, John and Guido
use to develop Perl, Tcl and Python.
BTW, Matz also uses C to develop Ruby.

Amateur does not know to appreciate the very tool that creates the
universe of programming languages, it's C.

faatdilac

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.