Error in trying to locate bitmaps files

Fanny Yeung fannyy at idmail.com
Wed May 3 04:17:54 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

I am new in python and just bough "python and tkinter programming" BY John
Grayson. As I go thru some example, I run into the following error when it
try to create a label.

>>> Label(f2,bitmap='@bitmaps/woman',text="My second label in
tk",relief=RAISED).pack(side=LEFT, padx=5)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#34>", line 1, in ?
    Label(f2,bitmap='@bitmaps/woman',text="My second label in
tk",relief=RAISED).pack(side=LEFT, padx=5)
  File "E:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1410, in
__init__
    Widget.__init__(self, master, 'label', cnf, kw)
  File "E:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1084, in
__init__
    self.tk.call(
TclError: error reading bitmap file "bitmaps\woman"

I have python 1.5 and Tcl 8 installed in my NT machine. I think is related
to configuration but I just don't have any idea on how to trace this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mak