Please help with python extension problem

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 12:22:49 EDT 2000

Hi.  I am having trouble using the Makefile.pre.in file to compile a
dynamically loaded python extension.  When I run the command

Makefile.pre.in -f boot

I get this error:

/usr/lib/python1.5/config/makesetup \
	 -m Makefile.pre -c /usr/lib/python1.5/config/config.c.in Setup -n  (...other Setup files elided)
Bad word tuplesmodule.c*noobjects* in tuples tuplesmodule.c*noobjects*
make[1]: *** [Makefile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/alex_c/mouse/tuples'
make: *** [boot] Error 2

I have fiddled around with makesetup a bit, printing out variables, and
it seems as if makesetup actually thinks it's reading the line

"tuples tuplesmodule.c*noobjects*"

from my Setup file.  However, there is no such line.

Here is my actual Setup file:

'''
*shared*

tuples tuplesmodule.c
'''

Can anyone tell me what I ought to do, here?

Alex.