Installing numpy

Stephen R. Figgins fig at oreilly.com
Thu May 4 20:07:49 EDT 2000

Duncan Smith wrote:

> Thanks for responding to my posting.  I still can't get it set up properly.
> I've tried the zip and the tar.gz.  I unzip them to my python directory and
> get a subdirectory (Numerical-15.2) with 5 subdirectories (Demo, Include,
> Lib, Src and Test).  No .pth file anywhere.

That sounds like you are getting the source file, both as a zip file
and as a tar.gz.  Try using the .zip file available from:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=1369

The link to the zip file is at the right, under File Releases.  Easy
to miss, but that is the one you want.  Unzip that one to your python
directory, and everything should be fine.

Stephen