Python vs Java : GUI, drag an drop

Jarek Wilkiewicz wjarek_nospam at hotmail_rem_ove_.com
Tue May 16 02:06:46 EDT 2000

I've written GUIs in Java before, mainly using awt, and it was a pain in the
neck. All of the Java-based GUIs I've used lately are terribly slow, so
while there seem to be a lot of improvement on the server side, the speed of
Java UIs is less then satisfactory (or to put it more bluntly: they suck!),
at least in my humble opinion. Also, the complexity of awt and swing is
something I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks,
Jarek

"Moshe Zadka" <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.10.10005160742560.2582-100000 at sundial...
> On Tue, 16 May 2000, Jarek Wilkiewicz wrote:
>
> > As far as the OS goes, I'd like to be able to support NT, Solaris and
Linux.