Help! SMTPlib

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 26 23:43:35 EDT 2000

On Fri, 26 May 2000 22:24:19 GMT, sjoshi at ingr.com declaimed the
following in comp.lang.python:

> Hello
>  I'm trying to use the smtplib for sending mail, and I keep getting
> error: (10061, 'winsock error') when I try just to connect to the
> localhost.

M$VC> WSAECONNREFUSED
M$VC>
M$VC> (10061)
M$VC>
M$VC> Connection refused.
M$VC>
M$VC> No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service
that is inactive on the foreign host - i.e. one with no server
application running.
M$VC>

	Most of the 100xx winsock errors seem to map to common UNIX/C
errno if you drop the 100 prefix.

	Off hand, I'd say you don't have an active SMTPd running.