PyBalsa?

Henning Schroeder hschroeder at gmx.net
Thu May 18 16:25:25 EDT 2000

Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr> wrote:

>  you might be interested in Mahogany (see
> http://www.wxwindows.org/Mahogany/).
> It is supposed to be (it is not _yet_) a cross-platform Python-friendly
> MUA.
>  It is written in C++ and not in Python, but it embeds a Python interpreter
> and can run Python scripts when something "interesting" happens - like the
> program starts or a new message arrives - which should open some interesting
> possibilities for extending it.
I have looked into this and it seems interesting. The program wraps
a patched c-client library (=a popular libray for mime, pop3, imap,
nntp etc) into nice object-oriented classes.
The embeded Python interpreter can access these. I have tried to
extract the interesting stuff but until now I failed because I don't
know enough about embeding and extending.
Any other volunteers?

Henning