Case-sensitivity: why -- or why not? (was Re: Damnation!)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 28 22:52:02 EDT 2000

"Tim Peters" <tim_one at email.msn.com> écrit:

> [François Pinard, with a meta-meta-comment about Les Schaffer's meta-
>  speculations about why the newsgroup is "wasting its time" on this issue]

> > We live in the terror of the damage to come.  If we loose our precious
> > time into these discussions, this is because we are moved by
> > despair... :-)
> >
> > I like Python, but I begin to resent Guido, who did this to us.

[I meant, what he did to us is leaving that thread go on forever.]

> Take heart, François:  I've had many more Python years to resent Guido than
> you've gotten so for, and he actually hasn't done anything bad to me yet.
> Don't convict him of murder before he kills.

Guido should have raised over the clouds, thrown lightnings across the
heavens, thundered, and said to us with a grave ubiquitous voice: "Calm
down, my people.  Rest, my crowd!  Do not shudder anymore.  Have faith
in my tender care.  Python shall stay orderly and legible, now and ever
for the remaining of the centuries, and shall never fall into random pits
sketched by devilish usability studies."