hungarian notation is evil (was Re: Do I always have to write "self." ?)

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed May 17 17:12:02 EDT 2000

In article <m3itwclxr2.fsf at atrus.jesus.cam.ac.uk>, Michael Hudson wrote:

>I could cope with C++ if I was the only person on the earth
>allowed to write in it, if you see what I mean.

After recently trying to help an associate read some C++ code
he inherited, I know exactly what you mean.  There were
instance variables that shadowed global variables, and
#define'd macros that hid the names of instance variables from
the user and so on.  It was a royal mess.

C++ and Perl both require more self-discipline than is posessed
by 99% of the programming population (myself included).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Sign my PETITION.
                                  at