What's in a name?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Thu May 25 01:28:49 EDT 2000

> That's what I think. Case insensitivity is a restriction and
> no progress.

Of course, we human beings can deal with mount everest and Mount Everest
and know they are the same thing. Likewise joe kraska is Joe Kraska, and
so on. In plain English, case appears to be optional for the most part,
only assisting readers in reading, I think. Can you name some situations
in reading and writing english (heh) where case is essential to being
understood?

I still think that "we don't care if we break prior code and not maintain
backward compatibility" is a really bad idea, though.

C/