Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat May 20 10:02:16 EDT 2000

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> écrit:

> Python is not a democracy.  Voting doesn't help.  Crying may... :-)

I too believe that good design is driven by single artists, and never
by a crowd.  This was true for Greg Mansfield's routines on CDC machines
(do someone know or remember who I'm speaking about? :-), Seymour Cray's
computers, Richard Stallman's GNU project, the pipe organ I got installed
in the nearby church, and Guido's Python :-).

Could you put me in contact with your wife, Guido?  I would like to learn
which kind of tears move you most! ;-)

> In the mean time, we're too busy with Python 1.6 to be able to answer
> each question about Py3k.

Quite understandable.