threading question

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Mon May 15 20:14:29 EDT 2000

On Mon, 15 May 2000 18:34:26 +0200, Niels Diepeveen
<niels at endea.demon.nl> wrote:

>My point was, because both threads aquire() at the beginning, and only
>release() at the end, each thread can only run while the other is in its
>wait(). Therefore they will never be able to do anything in parallel,
>even if you would remove the extra aquire()s.

Having one thread run while the other is wait()ing was actually my
goal.  As I said (I think) I'm a threads newbie, so I was just trying
to see what I could do with some of the threading module.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

Then Bioy-Cesares recalled that one of the heresiarchs of Uqbar had
said that mirrors and copulation are abominable, for they both
multiply the numbers of man.
 -- Jorge Luis Borges, "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius"