PyBalsa?

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Thu May 18 14:02:46 EDT 2000

Quoth Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu>:
... [ re expeditious processing of mail ]

| ... I think MxTextTools might be a good
| compromise to think about, it's a generic lexical analyzer that can
| quickly chop up stuff in formats like RFC822, leaving the interesting
| parts of the logic up there in the Python layer.

Just to follow up, I did try that - replaced rfc822 & mimetools with
an MxTextTools based module.  Results were good, roughly twice as fast,
but I don't know if that's good enough to write home about, since it's
functionally stripped down compared to rfc822 and mimetools and not the
perfectly scientific comparison, and you'd want a huge performance
improvement to justify a C module purely on that basis.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu