Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

Russell Wallace rwallace at esatclear.ie
Sun May 21 19:57:34 EDT 2000

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> This is all taken way out of proportion.  I promise that Python 3000
> won't suddenly be introduced without further discussion.  Every issue
> will discussed here and elsewhere and we'll explain why we want to
> change the design.  We'll also explain what we're going to do for
> compatibility.
>
> In the mean time, we're too busy with Python 1.6 to be able to answer
> each question about Py3k.  Once 1.6 is released I promise to create a
> FAQ about Py3k.

Quick question: Any chance of removing the requirement for colons at the
end of class, def, if, for, while lines?  That's the only thing about
Python's syntax I truly dislike, and I still keep tripping up on it;
pretty nearly all the rest I find fine.

--
"To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."
Russell Wallace
mailto:rwallace at esatclear.ie
http://www.esatclear.ie/~rwallace