tkinter

Simon tomega at earthlink.net
Wed May 17 06:05:04 CEST 2000

I had the same problem with tcl, tk and mysql modules.  The problem is the
executable doesn't look for the libs in /usr/local/lib (I haven't put much
thought into figuring out why).  I solved the problem by making symbolic links
to those libraries in a directory which I was sure the interpreter would read:
/usr/lib.

>From /usr/lib, enter

    ln -s /usr/local/lib/libtk8.3.so libtk.8.3.so

and so on.

I'd like to take this clutter out of /usr/lib.  Can anyone tell me how to get
the interpreter to seek libraries in additional directories?

--S.