HTML search engine written in Python - is there one?

Ken McCracken aa175 at torfree.net
Sat May 20 06:20:14 EDT 2000

Simon Brunning (sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk) wrote:
: I need something that will build an index of the text content of a
: number of HTML files, and allow  you to nun queries on the index.
: Does anyone know of such a thing, or am I going to have to write my
: own?

htdig I think does that sort of thing in a low overhead sort of way. In C
I think; not Python. It's vague in my mind but I think that the Harvest
project had a sophisticated search mechanism called Glimpse.

Ken McCracken

: --
: Cheers,
: Simon Brunning
: TriSystems Ltd.
: sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk
: The opinions expressed are mine, and are not necessarily those of my
: employer. All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any
: kind whatsoever.