NEWBIE

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun May 14 15:36:58 EDT 2000

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 06:58:55PM +0000, Angela Campbell wrote:

> I am what you call a newbie or in my case some one who knows what varible,
> and other technical terms, but am still struggling at the programming part,

> Yes I have gone to www.python.org,
> yes I have searched on all the search engines

Have you tried the *tutorials* on www.python.org ? They are quite in-depth,
on various topics. And for most of the topics it doesn't address, it has
pointers to other documentation.

http://www.python.org/doc

> But I need more info, but keep in mind I am fusy, in other words, no buying
> books! I much prefer on-line manuals (cheap) anyway help needed and I hope
> someone could e-mail me a tutorial, preferably NOT HOW TO USE IT AS A BLOODY
> CALC. I do know that much.

There isn't that much more about Python than how to use it as a bloody calc
;) Add some string operations, definition of functions and classes, and
you're basically done. Browsing the standard library is good practice, too,
by the way.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>