Stackless/microthreads merge news

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Tue May 2 20:55:36 EDT 2000

Richard Jones (Richard.Jones at fulcrum.com.au) wrote:
> Please try to modify the Blackdown JVM rather than Kaffe - it's faster and
> ... well ... it actually works ... and it's Sun supported ... and stuff ...

Blackdown might be a better way to go. I had been trying to remember
where there was a source-available JVM and I forgot all about them,
inspite of being a Linux nut for jeez, five years now! Doh! The Sun-
supported part is obviously valuable, if part of the goal is to
influence Sun, and as far as I'm aware, Blackdown is the official JVM
for Linux. It'd be really cool if the source for Blackdown and Kaffe
were similar enough that modest variations on the same approach would
patch them both. (So says I, not having looked at either one.)