CGI File Size Limit?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon May 1 12:49:29 EDT 2000

Ed <elb at cfdrc.com> writes:
> More information:
> If I test the len(form["userfile"].value), it is only 3134 instead of
> 18k (the "CONTENT_LENGTH").  That means the CGI.py module is not getting
> the data.  Something wrong with CGI module reading binary data off of
> the standard input stream.

Given that you seem to be using Windows, you'd have to open stdin in
binary mode; it's probably hitting a Ctrl-Z and ending early.  I don't
remember the incantation for doing this; someone else will doubtless
remember it.

Destiny smells of dust and the libraries of night. He leaves no footprints. He
casts no shadow.
  -- From SANDMAN: "Season of Mists", episode 0