Copyright and License

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Fri May 5 06:53:30 EDT 2000

> > I'm looking for something more along the lines of the Python GPL. There
> > is a Python accepted (Open Source) license, but it points back to the
> > Python specific one.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying.  Assuming nobody else does either,
> that may explain why you're not getting the answer you want <wink>.

   I think I understand what Frank wants because I've already done it. If
you want a license that is just like the Python license but with the serial
numbers filed off then just do it. Replace all references to "Stichting
Mathematisch Centrum" and "CNRI" with "Frank V. Castellucci" or whatever you
wish to call your coding collective.

   For my version, see:
http://www.scintilla.org/License.txt

   A possible reason for this topic turning up is that SourceForge only
wants to host your project if it uses an open source license. You can pick
from a pre-approved set which includes the Python license or submit your own
for consideration so its easier to just use your favourite one from their
set.

   Neil