why tar is strange

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon May 22 05:21:30 EDT 2000

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
[snip]
> *Having recently learned Python's syntax, I have now graduated to the
> more challenging stage of my Python journey, the
> learning-how-to-string-the-gadgets-together-effectively part.  If my
> experience with other programming languages holds true, this will take
> maybe a year.

A *year*? And you have experience with other programming languages? If
you have OO experience, learning Python shouldn't take more than a
month, and that's long. That's not to say you know _all_ the nice
idioms that Python has by then, and that's not to say someone with a
year of Python experience won't be likely to be better, but you'll
be pretty darn effective after a month, I'd say.

This-is-NOT-C++-ly yours,

Martijn