Python3k extended grammar

Thomas Malik 340083143317-0001 at t-online.de
Sat May 20 11:36:00 EDT 2000

> Oh, and 1/2 might give you
> a float.
>
> Rather minor changes. Then of course..

Uff, hard hammer that, rather. How do you do integer division, then ? And
what is it good for, anyway ? I mean, what's the advantage of it for
breaking many exisiting programs ?
I'm surely not against improvements in the Python language, but
1. case insensitivity sounds like complete nonsense to me. Who needs it,
actually ?
2. promoting integer divisions to float sounds quite stupid to me:
(x/y) * y + x % y == x should always hold true in any sane language

about the optional(!) static typing, good idea. But no new interpunctuation
or keywords, please!
One reason why i've never learned Perl is that basically every character on
my keyboard is being used for some builtin variable or one of n ways to
write down an attribute access. We don't need that in Python.