Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

François Pinard pinard at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Fri May 19 19:33:59 EDT 2000

Roy Katz <katz at Glue.umd.edu> writes:

> 1. Python 3000 may be case-insensitive.

Horror, hell, and damnation!  April 1st should be far behind us by now!

I would hate[1] writing with inconsistent casing, with nothing on my side
to help me writing consistently.  I much prefer what Python is, today, on
that regard.  So, how do I register my vote?  Where do I leave my tears? :-)

Besides, is there any real need behind case-insensitiveness?  Or is it
just another step forward (backward? :-) on that road that would drive us
towards a click-on-the-pink-button-and-hear-the-soft-sound version of Python?

[1] Scheme did this to us.  Hopefully, I found an implementation which
was deviant enough from the standard to be usable.  Under option, of course.