Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat May 20 13:17:44 EDT 2000

[Guido]
>> Python is not a democracy.  Voting doesn't help.  Crying may... :-)

[François Pinard]
> Could you put me in contact with your wife, Guido?  I would like to
> learn which kind of tears move you most! ;-)

Alas, Guido isn't married.  However, he is engaged, and provided he doesn't
take this attitude with his fiancee too, his eternal bachelorhood isn't
going to last much longer.  I'm sure that when he returns from his honeymoon
he'll be a much mellower man <wink>.

>> In the mean time, we're too busy with Python 1.6 to be able to answer
>> each question about Py3k.

> Quite understandable.

That's the art to a good fabrication:  the real reason c.l.py isn't deluged
with P3K design details despite all the questions is actually the obvious
one:  *nobody knows* yet, not even Guido.  P3K is still just an unformed web
of ideas, desires and discontents.  If Guido actually *knew* anything about
it, he would have shoved it down our throats already <0.9 wink>.

in-the-meantime-baseless-panic-can-be-fun-to-watch-ly y'rs  - tim