Why should I switch to Python?

Philip 'Yes, that's my address' Newton nospam.newton at gmx.li
Sat May 13 04:46:03 EDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 00:09:07 -0500, James Felix Black
<usenet at inter-slice.com> wrote:

>One marvelous thing
>that python has, though, is reduce, which I find so massively useful
>that I carry it around with me in perl land wherever I go.

Used to be in builtin.pm, which got split up and renamed to
Scalar::Utils and List::Utils. Together with another couple of nice
routines (such as min() and first()). Specifically, reduce() is in
List::Utils. Get Scalar-List-Utils-x.xx.tar.gz from the authors/id/GBARR
directory on CPAN.

>From the README: "This package contains a selection of subroutines that
people have expressed would be nice to have in the perl core, but the
usage would not really be high enough to warrant the use of a keyword,
and the size so small that being individual extensions would be
wasteful."

Cheers,
Philip
--