embedding pythonwin into mfc app

Robert Kiendl rkiendl at gmx.net
Wed May 3 09:21:32 EDT 2000

hi

i've embedded python into a win mfc application using swig.

i interfaced the most important app classes, attributes and functions.

now i want to handle some of the mfc-objects inside my application in a
limited way by using pythonwin.
(i do not want to "swig" all mfc-classes and base-classes i need, which
would mean hard work)

for example somewhere in my application there is a

  CDC * dc;

in python i get a swig-c-pointer-string like

  '_4b4024_CDC_p'

if i access this attribute. having that "pointer" i'd like to get
a PyCDC - class from pythonwin on it, to do for example some drawing
with
PyCDC.LineTo

is this possible?

robert