Stackless/microthreads merge news

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed May 3 18:28:57 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:
<schanpp/>
> > bye-bye-Python-I-have-no-time-for-your-for-quite-a-long-time-ly y'rs - chris
>
> Oh no! Please don't let that be true!

Oh? People want me to stay? How lovely! :-)

No, I won't leave the field, just because I'm headstarting
YALP (yet anuther lifetime project:), that was just kidding.

Tismer's c.l.py pollution won't stop, just because I shoot myself
into the foot with Java. (And most of the code is C, so I don't
fear to blow off my whole leg, as in C++ (See Soustrup:))

> Will, what have you done!? :)

No, Will is not an intruder, paid by the other P language.
But moving a hard-minded (ba)rock like our dictator sometimes
needs more than changing truth, writing a prototype, a paper,
microthreads, Just's Stackless for MAC, upcoming articles for DJJ...
there is the last argument that "it won't run on JPython".
(That's how a competitor is turned into an argument - funny)

So that's the last reason I have to evaporate.

in-a-stackless-world-there's-no-way-to-run-a-stack-ly y'rs - chris