Objective-C + Python...?

Chuck Esterbrook echuck at mindspring.com
Fri May 19 16:47:43 EDT 2000

Ian Mondragon wrote:

> Ian Mondragon   ==  copal at cifnet.com
>
>        $bigBoys->use(BSD);

Just out of curiosity what kind of NeXT stuff do you do at your company? Is it cifnet.com that uses it?

I used to write a simulation development environment in NeXTstep/OPENSTEP and then financial modeling software. NeXT was my main platform for 7 years. Then Apple bought it and screwed it up. :-(

Python's not bad although the performance doesn't match Obj-C and the Linux desktop is not even close to approaching NeXTSTEP. I'm actually wondering if Win98+MKStoolkit+Python might be the way to go _for the desktop_.

Hey, what's all that dollar sign-dash-arrow-semicolon stuff in your sig? Looks like Perl. ;-)

badBoys.use(Python)

-Chuck