Stackless/microthreads merge news

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed May 3 18:39:29 EDT 2000

Courageous wrote:
[me, dropped]
> Quite. I corresponded with the Kiev implementors a while
> back, asking them why they hadn't added continuations to
> Java. They responded back with "impossible on the JVM".

Ah, this is the elixier. Gimme more impossibles, and I'll fly.

> But that misses the point. Stacklessness adds performance
> boosts in certain areas of computing that can't be denied.

If stacklessness is possible, then continuations are.
The implications for continuations are a bit harder,
but of the same class as the stack issue.
I'm still reading the Kaffe sources and will read Blackdown,
soon. Then I will tell you. And if I say it's impossible,
don't believe me. It would just be really hard, impossible for me.

impossible-is-just-the-name-of-a-team-ly y'rs - chris at MI5T