PyApache - scripts now not working

chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom
Tue May 16 19:37:47 EDT 2000

... guess the fun just doesn't end with me and PyApache.  I finally
managed to recompiile Apache (I had bad .h files with the C library);
and now that PyApache is installed, I get no where with my previously
executable scripts.  AAAHHH...  If I switch back to my previous
compilation of httpd (or take the AddHandler python-cgi-script .py out
of the httpd.conf file), my scripts work FINE!

I dunno... should I bare with SLOW script loading times, or not have
any working scripts... hmm..

Anyway - if anyone has see this problem, or has any idea on how to
diminish it, could you lend a hand.  Thanks so much.

Here's the error that I'm getting in the apache error log:

>[Tue May 16 19:22:40 2000] [error] access to /home/httpd/html/admin/search_user.
>py failed for 192.168.0.1, reason: the script raised an unhandled exception. Script's traceback follows:
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "/home/httpd/html/admin/search_user.py", line 4, in ?
>    import MySQLdb
>  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/MySQLdb.py", line 55, in ?
>    from DateTime import Date, Time, Timestamp, ISO, \
>  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime/__init__.py", line 20, in ?
>    from DateTime import *
>  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime/DateTime.py", line 817, in ?
>   def add_century(year,
>TypeError: call of non-function (type None)

----
Which is incredibly puzzling, because I never used anything relating
to dates.  I suppose it's choking on the mysql api for python, but I
don't understand why?  Any ideas?