newbie can't get html grab script to run..pls help!!

Jason it at onestopent.com.au
Thu May 4 11:08:13 EDT 2000

hi all
at the end of this post is a letter i sent to the BeOS newsgroup to get
an answer to my question...a very kind bloke sent back a script and told
me i should use python.....
###start script

import httplib

db = httplib.HTTP("www.agu.org.au")
id_list = range(40)
for id in id_list:
	db.putrequest("GET", "/club_details.sps?id=%d" % id)
	errcode, errmsg, headers = db.getreply()
	f = db.getfile()
	data = f.read()
	outfile = open("%d.html" % id, "w")
	outfile.write(data)
	outfile.close()

### script done

....as i was on my windows laptop i downloaded the windows version and
installed it...now this is where i get in trouble!
i cannot for the life of my figure out how to run this script..can
someone pls help!
i went to heaps of online sites to try to find out stuff but no
luck...one of the suggestions was that i had to do this at a dos prompt
PATH=%PATH%;"C:\Program Files\Python"
but all i get is a Too Many Parameters error!
i know php/c++/html/sql but this is driving me crazy!
all i want to do is to grab a few pages off a website and save them to
file...
http://www.agu.org.au/club_directory/club_details.sps?id=1
this is one of a series of the pages i want to grab....only the id number
changes..i want the first 40 ids.
i have also tried rebol (www.rebol.com) which was great but didn't want
to work for this example...?!

many thanks