A Python Beginner on Win32

Ian Maurer ian_maurer at my-deja.com
Fri May 26 16:05:48 EDT 2000

Yuri,

Maybe it has to do with the fact you installed it on the I: drive? Not
sure.

If you are looking to get a taste of what REALLY python is, I would
recommend starting with a simple text editor and the command prompt.

I use ultraedit (good regex built in) found at http://www.ultraedit.com
and my own dos prompt enhancer (open-source in python) that can be
found at the vaults  (http://www.vex.net/parnassus/) or at my site
directly (http://hammer.prohosting.com/~pyguy). It allows for aliasing
of commands, associating of files (for win9x), and history commands.
Saves me a ton of time.

After you get a good grip of Python the language, I would start looking
at the GUI stuff. IDLE/Tk and Pythonwin are both great but I prefer the
wxPython GUI framework. You can check that out at http://wxpython.org.

 Good Luck,
 Ian Maurer
 http://hammer.prohosting.com/~pyguy