Case sensitivity/insensitivity

Stian Soiland stain at nvg.org
Sun May 21 00:19:20 EDT 2000

* Courageous spake thusly:

| > - I start class names with a capital letter, instance names are lower
| >   case. In my code, quite often an instance has the `same' name as a
| >   class.
| Oh, come to think of it, I do that all the time! Yipes. :)

But what about combined names?

class BabyFoodGenerator:
  foodDispenser = []

or:

class Baby_food_generator:
  food_dispenser = []

or:

class Babyfoodgenerator:
  fooddispenser = []

.. and so on. Many seem to prefer the first one, and as far as I
recall, it's also the 'standard' within Java. I'm all-right with
BabyFoodGenerator, but doesn't food_dispenser look a bit better then
foodDispenser?

(on the other hand, on my cellular phone I have stored phone numbers in
 the former style, like johnDoe and johnDoeCel)

--
Stian Søiland - Trondheim, Norway - http://stain.portveien.to/