Decimals -> Fraction strings, my solution

Dave Hansen dhansen at cyberoptics.com
Wed May 17 11:45:22 EDT 2000

On 16 May 2000 19:04:56 -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Pinard?=
<pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

[...]
>Hi, people.  I prefer the following definition for GCD:

A very nice implementation of Euclid's algorithm.  I would suggest a
couple small changes to make it more robust.  Shouldn't hurt the
efficiency significantly...

>def gcd(a, b):
     a = abs(a)
     b = abs(b)
     if b > a:
         a, b = b, a
>    while a:
>        a, b = b % a, a
>    return b
>
>--
>François Pinard   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard

                              -=Dave
--
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not
represent the views of CyberOptics Corporation.