Copyright and License

Frank V. Castellucci frankc at colconsulting.com
Thu May 4 16:13:44 EDT 2000

Paul Hughett wrote:

> Frank V. Castellucci <frankc at colconsulting.com> wrote:
> : Does anyone have the text for the standard Python license for
> : distributing Python language source? NOT for Python itself, but for
> : source written to be run BY Python.
>
> If you write the code, you get to choose the license; unless someone
> has hired you to write the code, in which case they get to choose the
> license.
>
> Paul Hughett

I'm looking for something more along the lines of the Python GPL. There
is a Python accepted (Open Source) license, but it points back to the
Python specific one. I guess I can assume that changing the copyright
owner in the statement is fine for now.

And FYI: I am asking because of starting a open development project.

--
Frank V. Castellucci