Equivalent of suidperl ?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon May 8 15:32:04 EDT 2000

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 04:02:19PM +0000, Arun Sharma wrote:

> The subject says it all. How can I run setuid python scripts on UNIX ?

You cannot, at the moment, unless you use a C wrapper script. Searching the
newsgroup/maillist (using www.python.org/search, for example) for 'setuid
perl' should give you a couple of explanations why setuid scripts are
unsafe, and maybe a couple of example wrapper scripts. If you can't find
examples and can't figure one out yourself, I can send you one (the C
wrapper we use for our setuid perl scripts, instead of suidperl.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>