Unicode - Pythonwin and Access

Arturo Pérez Mulas arturo_perez at wanadoo.es
Tue Nov 14 13:36:58 EST 2000

Hello all,

I had installed Python 1.52, and recently downloaded and instaled version
2.0 and the win32 extensions under WinNT 4.0. I am Spanish, so my WinNT
system is configured as such (using Latin-1 character set, I guess), and I
used acute and tilde letters in my texts and comments; now when I open a
python script in Pythonwin all these characters appear broken (as scape
codes or different characters).

a) Can anyone help me with this, please?. I guess this is an unicode
problem, does anyone know an easy tutorial or resource on very basic unicode
and unicode/python.

Also, I am accessing Access DBs through the DAO extensions in Winpython. For
some reason, I am getting my request to the database as unicode strings,
rather than normal strings. I am completely lost here, also. Any hint?

Thank you,

    Arturo.