ANN.: Beta 1.0 of Weak Reference Extension Module is now available

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Nov 21 00:02:54 EST 2000

> On top of this more modern collection schemes have no penalty associated
> with collecting circular references, in the sense that it is just as easy
> to collect non-circular obbject chains as it is circular ones.

Please read the FAQ about why Python is not garbage collected. It's
a bit outdated, because Python has grown some form of garbage collection
since then. However, it does explain why Python doesn't imploy classical
GC schemes.

> Like Johann I find weak references hard to fathom -- at least for their
> utility.

If you think of trees and back pointers, I expect you'll have a revelation.
Or method caching.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.