STDIO Questions.

euler euler27182 at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 14 23:03:13 EST 2000

So, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought this would be useful.

It would also be nice to have the cursor keys, editing keys, and some other
special function keys identified in a platform independant way as well.  I
don't know of any language that can do that reliably.  (curses/ncurses is
really just a Unix thing, the windows implementations are not great.)  It
would be a great advantage to Python to support these things consistantly.

On the output side, a cursor relocation method would be very nice.  It is a
very simple function which is a building block to creating useful interfaces
in terminals.