tkFileDialog, but no tkDirectoryDialog?

vplatt at my-deja.com vplatt at my-deja.com
Wed Nov 1 16:33:13 EST 2000

> I have to ask:  Where does one learn about all the neat things you can
> do with apply?  I sense that this is just the tip of the iceberg, and
> would like to learn more.

Ok... just to answer some of my own questions.  Although apply() is
hard to find documentation for, I did figure out that it's just a pass
through of all things Tk.  That said, it looks like I can use any of
the commands on
http://dev.scriptics.com/man/tcl8.3.2/TkCmd/contents.htm with apply
(where one can select the correct version of the Tk documentation they
want to consult at http://dev.scriptics.com/man/).  Of course, Tkinter
takes care of most of this stuff for you, but it's cool to realize that
one can use the very nice Tk documentation to wring the most out of
Tkinter, which is not as well documented (through necessity I realize
now, since the Tkinter documentation would have to try to keep pace
with the Tk documentation).

This is a lot of fun for a VB wonk.  I have options!  "Quick!  Someone
give me duct tape before my head implodes."

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.