What is Python?

Nick Bensema nickb at fnord.io.com
Sun Nov 19 01:59:45 EST 2000

In article <bynA5.2250$WJ3.359780 at ptah.visi.com>,
Grant Edwards <ge at nowhere.none> wrote:

>"When a programmer needs to write a quick utility program, it
>should consider using Python."

A word on this: My old JCL teacher called the computer "he", as in
"The computer sees DD *, and he knows the next few cards are going
to be his input."  This is the first time I've heard an "it" become
a "he", though we've all heard of cars and ships becoming "she".

Perhaps it's because your car or your ship is something you're
intimate with, while your computer is something you fight with.

In contrast, in most European languages, "he" and "she" are used for
all gendered nouns.  La moutard, elle me monte au nez.

--
Nick Bensema <nickb at io.com>      ICQ#2135445