Win32 Python 2.0 Readline Module or Is python20.lib missing symbols?

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler at dothill.com
Fri Nov 17 10:52:08 EST 2000

Has anyone been successful building the Readline Module for Win32 Python
2.0?

I'm attempting to redo the 1.5.2 port by Paul Sokolovsky or Robert
Kern as described in

    http://www.is.lg.ua/~paul/devel/readline/pymodule.html

and

    http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/binaries/Binaries.html

respectively.

After fiddle around, I seemed to have discovered that python20.lib is
missing the following symbols that were in python15.lib:

    PyExc_IOError
    PyExc_TypeError
    PyOS_InputHook
    PyOS_ReadlineFunctionPointer
    _Py_NoneStruct

This causes the Mingw link to fail when building readline.pyd with
undefined references to the above symbols.  I even rebuilt Python (using
MSVC 6.0) from CVS and the symbols are still missing from python20.lib.

Is the above a known issue?

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: Jason.Tishler at dothill.com