Style: global configuration data

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 12 10:14:38 EST 2000

I have been wondering for some time about the best way to offer
configuration data and other global resources to all modules and classes
in my application, other than creating a config object and passing that
on with every constructor.  What's the received Pythonic wisdom on this?

I'd prefer to just have one instance of my config class, or my repository
class or whatever, so if I were working in Java I'd create a singleton, but
that somehow doesn't seem right for Python to me.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org