bad python modules

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Mon Nov 13 16:32:46 EST 2000

"sp00fD" wrote:
> In perl, the CGI module to be specific, you have cookie capability
> built in.  Why not with the python cgi module?  Why must I get a
> seperate (non-standard, not as good) module to handle cookies?

python 2.0 ships with a cookie module, documented here:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-Cookie.html

if you have found bugs in that module, please report them
via the sourceforge bug tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470

> Sending mail using the smtp module leaves an empty subject line
> and occassional missing characters or extra spaces

never seen that.  maybe you could post a simple test script?

</F>