HELP: Cannot use freeze.py on program importing 4Suite

Ben Chang bchang at confer.com
Fri Nov 10 10:13:58 EST 2000

I tried to use freeze.py (extracted from installer_3g.zip) on NT with
Python 1.5.2 and 4Suite (4Suite-0.9.1.win32-py1.5.exe) to build a
standalone .exe file. Everything works fine except that the following
one-liner program will run by Python.exe but cannot be frozen into a
.exe file:

   from xml.dom.ext.reader import Sax2

The error message says

   "ImportError: No module named xml.dom.en_US".

I verified that in my installation "en_US.py" did exist under:

   C:\Program Files\Python\xml\dom\en_US.py

It seems that the "C:\Program Files\Python\xml\dom\__init__.py" file
play some trick to load the en_US.py file on it's own, and therefore
fools the module analysis of Freeze.py. Does anyone know how to fix
this problem?

I remembered that the Pmw package comes with a utility,
"bundlepmw.py", which bundles all the Pmw .py files into one .py file
so that it can be frozen. Is there any similar utility for the 4Suite
package?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben