Is Python any good with MySQL?

Miles R. Fidelman fidelman at world.std.com
Mon Nov 6 12:16:18 EST 2000

Keith MacDonald (keith at nojunk.textpad.com) wrote:
: Before I give in and go back to Perl, would anyone care to reassure me that
: Python really is suitable for web site development with MySQL, and point me
: at some documentation which will help me get started?

If Python doesn't have the support you need, you might look at PHP
(www.php.net) - which has excellent support for MySQL. I've built multiple
sites with the combination and it's really easy.

If you're not familiar with it, PHP code is embedded within your HTML
(think SSI on steroids). It makes it fairly trivial, for example, to embed
the results of a database query inside a table.

Miles Fidelman