mxODBC attribute error with MySQL

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 6 11:37:14 EST 2000

Keith MacDonald wrote:

> I'm trying to use mxODBC 1.1.1 with MySQL and ActivePython 2.  The only
> example I can find to get me started is in the mxODBC documentation, but
> this is what I get when I try it:

> AttributeError: Connect
>
> (same error using "connect" as well)
>
> This is kind of unhelpful, as it gives me no idea what is wrong.  Can anyone
> help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith MacDonald

Is it possible you are picking up the ODBC package from the Win32
extensions rather than mxODBC?  There's a naming conflict under 1.5.2,
which I usually overcome by renaming the Win32 odbc.pyd to win32odbc.pyd.

Hope this helps.

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/